您現在的位置是:首頁 > 遊戲

如何用英語談論足球 How to talk about football (soccer)

由 英語東 發表于 遊戲2022-09-24
簡介’We blew a three-goal lead‘ means we were three goals ahead, but then the other team came back to win or draw

他有足球嗎英語

如何用英語談論足球 How to talk about football (soccer)

17:09

Hi, I‘m Marie。 Welcome to Oxford Online English!

嗨,我是瑪麗。歡迎來到牛津大學線上英語課程!

In this lesson you can learn how to talk about football in English。

在這節課中,大家將要學習如何用英語談論足球。

Do you play football?

你踢足球嗎?

Do you watch football, or support a team?

你看足球嗎,有沒有支援哪隻球隊呢?

You can learn useful language to talk about who you support, talk about a football match, and more!

你可以學習有用的語言來談論你支援誰,談論足球比賽等等!

Before we start, check out our website: Oxford Online English dot com。

在我們開始之前,請檢視我們的網站:Oxford Online English dot com。

Are you watching on YouTube?

你是在 YouTube 上觀看嗎?

Look in the video description for links。

在影片描述中找一找連結吧。

You can find the full version of this lesson, which includes the script for you to read, and a quiz so you can test your vocabulary skills!

你可以找到本節課的完整版本,其中包括供你閱讀的指令碼以及一個測驗,可以測試你的詞彙技能!

You can also book online lessons with one of our professional teachers, in case you need more help with your English。

你還可以與我們的專業老師預訂線上課程,如果你在英語方面需要更多幫助的話。

Our teachers can help you with spoken English, writing, pronunciation, IELTS preparation, or whatever else you need。

我們的老師可以幫助你進行英語口語、寫作、發音、雅思備考或其他任何你需要的課程。

Oxford Online English dot com。

Oxford Online English dot com。

One more thing: don’t forget to turn on the subtitles if you need them!

還有一點:有需要的的話,不要忘記開啟字幕哦!

All our videos have English subtitles, and many have subtitles in other languages, too。

我們所有的影片都有英文字幕,很多影片也有其他語言的字幕。

Click the ‘CC’ button in the bottom right now。

點選底部的“CC”按鈕。

OK, let‘s talk about football!

好的,讓我們來談談足球吧!

You’re a Villa fan, right?

你是維拉隊的球迷,對吧?

Villa?

維拉?

No!

不是!

Spurs。

是馬刺。

I‘m Tottenham through and through。

我是徹頭徹尾的托特納姆。

Oh, really?

哦,真的嗎?

I like Spurs。

我喜歡馬刺。

They’ve done well recently。

他們最近表現得很好。

They‘ve been top four for the last few seasons, right?

過去幾個賽季他們一直是前四名,對吧?

Yeah, they’re always there or thereabouts, but it‘d be nice to actually turn that into some trophies one day。

是的,他們總是在這個排名左右,但如果有一天能拿到獎盃就最好了。

We haven’t won anything major for a long time。

我們已經很久沒有贏得任何重大比賽了。

Who do you support?

你支援誰呢?

Newcastle。

紐卡斯爾。

My Dad‘s from there, and he took me to games when I was younger, so I’ve stuck with them。

我爸爸來自那裡,我小的時候他會帶我去看比賽,所以我一直很喜歡他們。

I‘m not a fanatic, but I try to go to at least a couple of games a year, although it’s not much fun at the moment。

雖然我不是狂熱粉絲,但是我一年至少會去看幾場比賽,儘管現在沒那麼有意思了。

They‘ve got a good side though, no?

他們也有好的一面,對吧?

Yeah, it’s not that。

是的,不算很差。

The owners won‘t invest, so they’ve been underperforming for the last few years。

老闆不願投資,所以他們在過去幾年裡表現不佳。

It‘s frustrating。

真是令人沮喪。

What do you think for this year?

你覺得今年怎麼樣?

You think City will win it again?

你認為曼城會再次獲勝嗎?

Probably, though I think Liverpool have a shot, too。

可能吧,儘管我認為利物浦也有機會。

How do you think Spurs will do?

你覺得馬刺會如何呢?

Well, I’d be happy enough with 4th, and very happy with 3rd。

嗯,我對第四名很滿意,對第三名也很滿意。

We need to be more consistent, though。

不過,我們需要更加始終如一。

Last year we dropped too many points in easy games。

去年我們在簡單的比賽中丟了太多分。

What about Newcastle?

紐卡斯爾呢?

Realistically, if we finish in the top half of the table, it‘ll be a good season。

現實地說,如果我們能衝到積分榜的上半部分的話,這個賽季就還不錯。

I just hope we don’t get relegated again…

Are you a football fan?

我只希望我們的名次不要再下降了……

你是個足球迷嗎?

Who do you support?

你支援誰?

You could answer this by saying ‘I support …’, as in ‘I support Manchester United,’ or ‘I support Barcelona。’

Or, you could just give the club name。

你可以回答說“我支援。。。。 。。”,就像“我支援曼聯”或者“我支援巴塞羅那”。

或者,你可以說俱樂部的名字。

In the English Premier League, club names are often shortened。

在英超聯賽中,俱樂部的名字經常被縮短。

Look at five short names for Premier League clubs。

看看英超俱樂部的五個簡稱。

Do you know which clubs they are?

你知道他們是哪些俱樂部嗎?

Did you know?

你知道嗎?

Here are the answers。

以下是答案。

If you say ‘City’ or ‘United’ when talking about English football, most people will understand ‘Manchester City’ and ‘Manchester United’。

如果你在談論英國足球時說“曼城”或“曼聯”,大多數人會理解是“曼徹斯特城足球俱樂部”和“曼徹斯特聯足球俱樂部”。

There are many clubs which have ‘City’ or ‘United’ in their name, but these are historically two of the biggest。

許多俱樂部的名字中有“城”或“聯”,但這是史上最大的兩個俱樂部。

Anyway, what about your club?

不管怎樣說,你的俱樂部呢?

Look at three questions。

看三個問題吧。

Think about how you could answer these questions。

想想你會如何回答這些問題。

Before you do, let‘s see some language from the dialogue which might help。

在此之前,讓我們看看對話中可能有幫助的一些語言吧。

Look at the highlighted words and phrases。

看一下標亮的單詞和短語。

Do you remember how they were used?

你還記得它們是怎麼使用的嗎?

Could you explain what they mean?

你能解釋一下它們的意思嗎?

’Through and through‘ means that you give 100% to your club。

“Through and through”的意思是你百分之百支援你的俱樂部。

If you say ’I‘m Tottenham through and through’, you mean you are — and always have been — a big Tottenham fan。

如果你說“我是徹頭徹尾的托特納姆”的話,你的意思是你是——而且一直是——托特納姆的超級球迷。

A ‘fanatic’ in this context means a very enthusiastic fan。

這裡的“fanatic”意味著非常熱情的粉絲。

If you say ‘I’m not a fanatic‘, you mean that you support your team, but maybe it’s not a big part of your life。

如果你說“我不是一個狂熱粉”的話,你的意思是你支援你的團隊,但也許這不是你生活非常重要的一部分。

‘There or thereabouts’ means ‘near the top, but not the best’。

“There or thereabouts”的意思是“接近頂部,但不是最好的”。

If your team is there or thereabouts, you mean that they‘re close to the top teams, but not one of the best in the country。

如果你的球隊不拔頭籌也差不到哪裡去的話,你的意思是他們接近頂級,但算不上是全國最好的球隊之一。

Maybe you finish 3rd, 4th or 5th every year。

也許你的球隊每年都是第三、第四或第五名。

If your team underperforms, it gets worse results than you would expect。

如果你的團隊表現不佳的話,結果會比你預期的更糟糕。

Maybe you have many great players, but you don’t win as often as you should。

也許球隊裡有很多厲害的球員,但是卻沒有經常贏得比賽。

Top teams need to be consistent。

頂級團隊需要表現得更始終如一。

This means they play at a high level every week。

這意味著他們每週都有高水平的比賽。

The opposite is inconsistent。

相反的是不一致的。

Inconsistent teams might play well one week, and badly the next。

不一致的球隊可能某一週踢得很好,下週就踢得很糟糕。

Finally, if your team gets relegated, they finish in one of the bottom places in the league, and so they drop down to the league below。

最後,如果你的球隊排名降低,在聯賽中的排名到了最後的位置的話,他們就是掉到墊底的名次了。

Getting relegated is one of the worst things that can happen to a team!

排名降低是球隊可能發生的最糟糕的事情之一!

So now, what about your team?

所以你的團隊呢?

Look at the questions you saw before。

看看你之前看到的問題。

Think about how you could answer them。

想想你會怎麼回答它們。

Maybe you could use some of the language you just saw。

也許你可以使用一些你剛剛看到的語言。

Pause the video, think about your answers, and practise saying them out loud。

暫停影片,思考你的答案,並練習大聲說出來。

OK?

好嗎?

Could you do it?

你能做到嗎?

If it‘s difficult, remember that you can go back and watch the dialogue and explanations again。

如果很難的話,可以回去再看一遍對話和解釋哦。

Next, imagine that you just watched an exciting match。

接下來,想象一下你剛剛觀看了一場激動人心的比賽。

How could you talk about it?

你可以怎麼談論它呢?

Let’s see!

讓我們看看吧!

Wow!

哇!

What a game!

這場比賽太讚了!

Yeah, real end-to-end stuff。

是的,真的咬得很緊。

5-5?

五比五?

How often do you see a 10-goal draw?

你多久能看到一次 10 球平局呢?

I thought West Brom were out of it, but they kept coming back。

我以為西布朗出局了,但他們卻追了回來。

To be 5-2 down against a team like United, and score three…

They never stopped fighting。

以 5 比 2 落後於像曼聯這樣的球隊,並獲得 3 分……

他們從未停止戰鬥。

On the one hand, it‘s disappointing that we blew a three-goal lead, but it was such a great match that I can’t be too unhappy。

一方面,令人失望的是我們失去了三球的領先優勢,但這是一場非常偉大的比賽,我真的太開心了。

In the end, I think a draw was the right result。

我覺得平局是正確的結果。

Obviously I‘d have loved West Brom to win, but neither team deserved to lose。

顯然我希望西布朗獲勝,但兩支球隊都不應該輸。

True, though your lot were so bad in the first half。

沒錯,儘管上半場你的球隊運氣很差。

I don’t know what happened at half time, but you looked like a completely different side after the interval。

我不知道中場休息時發生了什麼,但中場休息後你的球隊看起來完全換了個樣子。

Yeah, I know what you mean。

是的,我懂你的意思。

I think United sat back a bit too much in the second half, too。

我認為曼聯在下半場也有點退縮了。

Maybe they thought they had won it in the first half。

也許他們認為他們在上半場贏定了。

Yeah, we didn‘t look as sharp in the second half。

是的,下半場我們看起來沒那麼激烈了。

Here’s a question: what‘s the best football match you can remember?

這裡有一個問題:你能記得的最好的足球比賽是哪一場呢?

At the start of the dialogue, you heard the phrase ’end-to-end stuff。‘

You can use this to describe a match which was fast-going and full of action。

在對話開始時,你聽到了“end-to-end stuff”這個短語。

你可以用它來描述一場快速且充滿動作性的比賽。

Look at some more phrases from the dialogue, but with some words missing。

讓我們來看對話中的一些短語,但是缺少一些單詞。

Can you remember the missing words?

你能記住遺漏的單詞嗎?

Remember that you can go back and listen to the dialogue again if you want。

記住,如果你想的話,可以回去再聽一遍對話。

Are you ready?

準備好了嗎?

Let’s see the answers。

讓我們看看答案吧。

Can you explain what these phrases mean?

你能解釋一下這些短語的意思嗎?

‘Out of it’ means that you don‘t have a chance。

“出局”意味著你沒有機會了。

If a team is three goals down, normally you can say they’re out of it, because most teams don‘t win from that position。

如果一個隊落後三個球,通常你可以說他們出局了,因為大多數隊都不會在這個情況下反超。

You can also use ’in‘ with the opposite meaning。

你也可以用“in”來表達相反的意思。

For example ’They may be a goal down, but they‘re still in the game。’

This means that even though they‘re losing, they still have a chance to win。

例如:“他們可能落後一球,但他們仍沒有出局。”

這意味著即使他們看起來要輸了,但是仍然有機會贏。

If a team recovers from a losing position and gets a draw or a win, then they come back。

如果一個隊從失敗的位置拉回來,並獲得平局或勝利,那麼他們就是拉回了比分。

’Come back‘ can be a verb or a noun。

“Come back”可以是動詞或名詞。

Look at two examples。

看兩個例子。

’Blow a three-goal lead‘ means to lose a winning position。

“失去了三球領先的優勢”的意思是失去了可以獲勝的位置。

’We blew a three-goal lead‘ means we were three goals ahead, but then the other team came back to win or draw。

“我們失去了三球領先的優勢”意味著我們領先了三個球,但是另一個隊拉回來了,要麼贏,要麼就是平局。

In general, if you say ’you blew it‘, it means ’you failed‘。

一般來說,如果你說你搞砸了的話,那就意味著你失敗了。

It’s conversational。

這是對話性的表達。

‘Your lot’ means ‘the team you support。’

It‘s also conversational, but it’s quite common among UK football fans。

“You lot”的意思是“你支援的團隊”。

這也是對話中使用的,但在英國足球迷中很常見。

If a team sits back, they don‘t try to attack, and maybe they don’t give 100%。

如果一個球隊不採取行動的話,他們不會試圖進攻,可能也不會100%付出。

Sometimes, teams sit back when they‘re already winning, because they don’t think they need more goals。

有時候,當球隊已經獲勝時,他們會不採取行動,因為他們認為他們不需要更多的進球了。

Another conversational expression which is popular recently is ‘park the bus’, which has a similar meaning。

最近流行的另一個會話表達是“park the bus”,意思是相似的。

If a team parks the bus, they defend deep, and don‘t move players forwards。

如果一個隊放棄進攻的話,他們會加強防守,不會讓球員向前移動。

Saying that a team parks the bus is usually a criticism, because it describes a style of play which is often boring to watch, even if it’s effective sometimes。

說一個隊放棄進攻通常是一種批評,因為它描述了一種看起來很無聊的比賽風格,即使有時是很有效的。

Finally, if your team looks sharp, they are playing well and moving fast。

最後,如果你的球隊看起來很激烈的話,他們踢得很好,移動很快。

‘Sharp’ means something like ‘focused’ or ‘dangerous’。

“Sharp”的意思是“專注”或“危險”。“

You want your team to look sharp, especially if they have a big match, like a cup final。

你希望你的球隊看起來很激烈,尤其是如果他們有一場重要的比賽的話,比如足球杯決賽。

Has your team ever played in a cup final, or won any trophies?

你的球隊參加過足球杯決賽嗎,或者贏得過什麼獎盃嗎?

Let‘s see how you can talk about that next。

接下來讓我們看看你如何談論這個情況吧。

Big night for you on Thursday, right?

週四對你來說很重要,對吧?

The Europa Final?

歐聯決賽?

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it。

是的,我很期待。

You think you‘ll win?

你覺得你的球隊會贏嗎?

Could do。

可能吧。

I think both teams are quite evenly matched。

我認為兩支球隊相當勢均力敵。

In a knockout competition, you’ve always got a chance。

在淘汰賽中,你的球隊總是有機會的。

We‘ll see!

讓我們等著看吧!

It’d be a big deal though, wouldn‘t it?

不過這真的是件大事,對吧?

First European trophy?

第一個歐洲獎盃?

Yeah, that’d be nice。

是啊,那就太好了。

Plus, it gets us into the Champions League next year。

另外,它可以讓我們進入明年的冠軍聯賽。

That would be a first, too。

這也是第一次。

Didn‘t you win the FA cup a couple of years ago?

幾年前你們不是贏得了足總盃嗎?

No, we got to the final, but then we lost in extra time。

不,我們進入了決賽,但是我們在加時賽中輸了。

We haven’t won anything in recent years except the League Cup, and even that was five years ago。

除了聯賽盃,我們最近幾年什麼也沒贏過,即使那是五年前的事了。

I think I remember that match。

我想我還記得那場比賽。

Didn‘t you win on penalties?

你們不是贏了點球嗎?

Yeah, it was a long shootout。

是的,這是一場漫長的戰鬥。

It went to 10-9 or 9-8 or something crazy。

最後演變成了 10-9 或 9-8 這麼瘋狂的比分。

Well, a win’s a win!

贏了就是贏了!

Generally, football teams take part in two kinds of competition: leagues, like the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A, and cup competitions。

一般來說,足球隊參加兩種比賽:聯賽,如超級聯賽、西甲或意甲,以及盃賽。

Cup competitions can be domestic or international。

盃賽可以是國內的,也可以是國際的。

English football has two cup competitions: the League Cup and the FA Cup。

英國足球有兩個盃賽:聯賽盃和足總盃。

The FA Cup is generally considered more prestigious。

足總盃一般認為更有聲望一些。

Other European leagues mostly have one domestic cup, but a few countries have two。

其他歐洲聯賽大多有一個國內杯,但少數國家有兩個。

Then, you have international cups。

然後還有國際杯。

In Europe, the most famous is the Champions League。

在歐洲,最著名的是歐冠。

The Europa League is the second-tier cup。

歐洲聯賽是第二級的杯賽。

Cups are knockout competitions, meaning that in most cases, if you lose one match, you‘re out。

盃賽是淘汰賽,這意味著在大多數情況下,如果你輸了一場比賽的話,你就出局了。

Some cups have a league phase, like the group stage of the Champions League, or the World Cup。

有些盃賽有聯賽階段,比如冠軍聯賽的小組賽,或者世界盃冠軍聯賽。

In a knockout match, what happens if it’s a draw?

在淘汰賽中,如果平局會發生什麼呢?

The match might go to extra time。

比賽可能會進入加時賽。

If that doesn‘t produce a result, then you have a penalty shootout。

如果這都沒有產生結果的話,那麼就要開始點球大戰。

Look at two sentences:

Notice that you win or lose in extra time, but on penalties。

看兩個句子:

注意加時賽輸贏是要用“in”,而點球則是用“on”。

Now, let’s practise!

現在,讓我們練習一下吧!

Look at three questions。

看三個問題。

Can you answer these questions?

你能回答這些問題嗎?

Like before, pause the video and make your answers。

像以前一樣,暫停影片並說出你的答案。

Read them out loud, write them down, or do both!

大聲讀出來,寫下來,或者兩者都進行!

Let‘s look at one more thing: talking about players and transfers。

我們再來看一件事情:談論球員和轉會。

You looking forward to the new season?

你期待新賽季嗎?

Yeah, of course, though I’m less optimistic than I could have been。

是的,當然,儘管我沒有想象中那麼樂觀。

We didn‘t have much luck in the transfer window。

我們在轉會視窗運氣不佳。

You still have a good team, though。

不過,你們的團隊仍然很好。

Sure, but we’ve lost some players。

當然,但是我們失去了一些球員。

Kanté‘s gone, Schwarzer’s gone, and I don‘t think Riyad Mahrez will stay for long。

坎特走了,施瓦澤走了,我認為里亞德·馬赫雷斯也不會呆太久。

Plus, with injuries, we needed at least one centre back, a holding midfielder, a winger, and probably more。

此外,由於受傷,我們至少需要一名中後衛、一名持球中場、一名邊鋒,甚至更多。

But you still have Vardy。

但你們還有瓦迪。

He’s still a top striker。

他仍然是一名頂級前鋒。

Yeah, no doubt。

是的,毫無疑問。

He‘s getting on, though。

不過,他年紀也越來越大了。

He might have one or two more good seasons in him, but we need to think about replacing him, too。

他可能還有一兩個好賽季,但我們也需要考慮替換他。

Well, count your blessings。

好吧,知足常樂。

We have a transfer ban, and our keeper’s injured, so we might not even have a recognised goalie for our first match。

我們有轉會禁令,而且我們的守門員受傷了,所以我們甚至可能沒有第一場比賽的知名守門員。

You have so much depth in your squad, though。

不過,你的隊伍陣容還是很強大。

I think you‘ll be OK。

我覺得你們肯定沒事的。

Here’s a question: how many football positions can you name in English?

這裡有一個問題:你能用英語說出多少個足球位置呢?

How many did you get?

你能說出多少?

In general, you have a goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and forwards。

一般來說,有守門員、後衛、中場和前鋒。

In each group, you have more specific words。

在每組中,還有更具體的單詞。

For example, defenders can be centre-backs, left-backs, or right-backs, and there are other positions, too。

例如,後衛可以是中後衛、左後衛或右後衛,還有其他位置。

Midfielders can be classified by both where they play and their role。

中場球員可以根據他們的位置和角色來分類。

A ‘role’ can be defensive or attacking。

角色可以是防禦型的,也可以是攻擊型的。

For example, a holding midfielder is a defensive midfielder who plays in the centre。

例如,持球中場是打中鋒的防守中場。

A winger is usually an attacking midfielder who plays on the left or the right side。

邊鋒通常是在左邊或右邊踢球的攻擊中場。

There are many other possible midfield positions, depending on the team‘s tactics。

還有許多其他可能的中場位置,這取決於球隊的戰術。

Forwards can be strikers, whose job is to score。

前鋒可以是前鋒,他們的任務就是得分。

Some teams might play a second forward behind the main striker, or wide forwards, who play on either side of the main striker。

一些球隊可能會在主前鋒後面打第二前鋒,或者在主前鋒兩側打邊鋒。

What about your team?

你的球隊呢?

Who’s the best defender, midfielder and forward?

誰是最好的後衛、中場和前鋒?

Which players would you like to see in your team?

你希望在你的球隊中看到哪些球員?

Let‘s see some more phrases from the dialogue you can use to talk about players and transfers。

讓我們看看對話中更多你可以用來談論球員和轉會的短語吧。

Can you explain what these mean?

你能解釋一下這些是什麼意思嗎?

’Top‘ means ’one of the best‘。

“Top”的意思是最好的之一。

’Getting on‘ means ’getting older‘。

“Getting on”的意思是“變老”。

It’s conversational。

這是對話的表達。

Of course, getting older is relative here; footballers, especially forwards, often start getting slower after 30, and few are playing at a high level after 35。

A transfer ban is when a club is not allowed to buy new players。

當然,變老在這裡是相對的;足球運動員,尤其是前鋒,通常在 30 歲後速度開始變慢,很少有人在 35 歲後水平還保持得很好。

轉會禁令是指俱樂部不允許買入新球員。

If a club breaks the rules around transfers, they might get a transfer ban for a few months。

如果俱樂部違反了轉會規則,他們可能會被禁止轉會幾個月。

Recently in the Premier League, Chelsea were given a 12-month transfer ban for breaking the rules on approaching players aged under 18。

Finally, sentence four means that the club has more than 11 good players。

最近在英超聯賽中,切爾西因違反接近 18 歲以下球員的規定而被禁止轉會 12 個月。

最後,第四句表示俱樂部有超過 11 名優秀球員。

If your club has a deep squad, it means that injuries or losing one or two players won‘t be a problem, because there are other good players to take over。

如果你的俱樂部陣容強大,這意味著受傷或失去一兩個球員不成問題,因為還有其他優秀的球員可以替補。

What about you?

那你呢?

Who do you support, and who are your favourite players right now?

你支援誰,誰是你現在最喜歡的球員?

Share your opinions in the comments!

在評論裡分享你的看法吧!

Thanks for watching!

感謝收看!

See you next time!

下節課再見!

推薦文章