您現在的位置是:首頁 > 運動

I was wondering when she'd show up.我在想她啥時露出狐狸尾巴

由 泠子英語 發表于 運動2022-01-08
簡介Gloria: “Orson, how well you look

謝謝誇獎用英語怎麼說

影片載入中。。。

Orson: “Sorry I‘m late。 Mrs。 Prescott broke a crown and。。。”

抱歉來晚了,普雷斯科特太太弄壞了牙套……

Gloria: “Orson, how well you look。”

奧森,氣色不錯啊。

Orson: “Hello, mother。”

你好嗎,母親大人。

Orson: “A word, darling?”

親愛的,借一步說話。

Orson: “I can’t believe you did this!”

難以相信,你帶她來了。

Bree: “And I can‘t believe you told me that she was senile! You lied to me。”

我也不敢相信你說她有老人痴呆。你對我撒了謊。

Orson: “Yes, to spare us the misery of her company。 You don’t know her, Bree。 She‘s a loathsome woman and I refuse to break bread with her。”

是的,為了免受她的折磨。你不瞭解,布里,她是個討厭的巫婆。我拒絕與她同桌進餐。

Bree: “Now you listen to me。 That woman gave you life, and the Fifth Commandment tells us to honor our parents no matter how hideous or repellent they may be。”

你給我聽著。那女人給了你生命。第五戒律告訴我們要尊敬父母。不論他們多麼可怕,多麼討人厭。

Orson: “That’s not exactly what。。。”

其實,那不是

Bree: “Orson, it‘s implied! Now get out there and show her some respect!”

奧森,這是不言而喻的。現在給我出去,對她尊重一些。

Orson: “Fine, but if you expect anything more from me than forced civility, you will be deeply disappointed。”

好,但是除了必要的禮節之外,若要我表現得更好。你肯定會失望至極的。

Gloria: “Bree, this salmon is superb。”

布里,三文魚很美味。

Bree: “Well, thank you!

It did win me the blue ribbon at the gourmet county cook-off.

謝謝誇獎。

它的確讓我在美食大賽上拔得頭籌。

Gloria: “I just love the sauce。

What gives it that kick?

尤其是醬汁,

有什麼秘訣嗎?

Bree: “Ah, ah, ah! You’d never ask a magician how a trick is done。”

永遠別問魔術師變戲法的竅門。

Gloria: “You‘ve barely touched your salmon, dear。 Is everything okay?”

親愛的,你的三文魚都沒怎麼動,沒什麼事吧?

Orson: “Yes。 I was just wondering why you’re here。”

沒事。我只是一直在想,你來這兒幹嘛?

Gloria: “I want us to be friends。”

我想與你和睦相處。

Orson: “Okay,

let's suppose I just had a massive head injury and believe you.

We‘re pals。 Now what do you want?”

就當我腦子進水,姑且相信你

。我們言和,你到底要怎樣?

Bree: “Orson,

why does she have to have an ulterior motive

?”

奧森,

為什麼她一定別有用心呢。

Gloria: “I want out of that home。”

我想離開那養老院。

Orson: “Ah, there it is。”

好戲開始了。

Gloria: “It’s a hellhole! Besides, I‘m perfectly healthy now。 My hip is better, I can handle the stairs, and you said when I got strong enough I’d get to go back to my house。”

那是地獄,而且我現在相當健康。我的髖部好了很多,現在可以上下樓梯了。而且你說過,只要我恢復了,我就能回家住。

Orson: “Oh, here‘s the thing。 I sold it。”

有個問題,我把房子賣了。

Gloria: “What?”

什麼?

Orson: “You heard me。”

你聽見了。

Gloria: “What about my things?”

我的那些東西呢?

Orson: “All gone。 Oh, I also sold the car。 See, that’s the thing about hellholes。 They don‘t pay for themselves。”

全沒了,連車都賣了。關於地獄,你要清楚一點。那不是白給你住的。

Gloria: “How dare you? You had no right!”

你竟敢如此,你沒權利這麼做。

Bree: “Okay! Maybe I will share my secret ingredient。”

也許我可以分享一下我的秘方。

Gloria: “I should have smothered you in your crib when I had the chance。”

早知如此,我應該把你掐死在襁褓中。

Bree: “Paprika! There, it’s out!”

揭曉秘密,是辣椒粉。

Orson: “That‘s the mother

I remember! I was wondering when she'd show up.

這才是我熟悉的媽媽。

我一直在想,她什麼時候露出狐狸尾巴。

Gloria: “Yes, Orson, I am your mother, so you more than anyone should know how I deal with betrayal。”

沒錯,奧森,我是你的母親,所以你比任何人都清楚背叛我的下場。

Andrew: “So, can we call her grandma?”

那麼,我們叫他奶奶嗎?

I was wondering when she

推薦文章